Now that I am homeschooling Chloe, we spend lots more time together than we ever have before. (That is a little embarrassing to admit.) And because preschool has not started for the other two, we are all spend a lot more time interacting. We do not have a lot of extra time for videos, swimming, or playing. We are on a mission now.
One thing that I love to do with the kids is sing. I have always like to sing, and now that I have kids, I like to sing with them. Like me, the kids also enjoy to sing. And like me, the kids mess up song lyrics terribly. When singing the song Burdens are Lifted at Calvary, I used to sing "Jesus is rarely here" instead of "Jesus is very near." I believe that Jesus laughed in Heaven, knowing that He made me with this special gift of joyfully singing incorrect lyrics.
Well, He has blessed the children as well. Chloe was delightfully singing Final Destination which refers to Heaven. She was belting it out in the backseat. I turned down the radio, which I often do so I can enjoy their singing, and I realized something. The happy, praising words coming out of Chloe's mouth were "Final Desperation." Oops!
Camilla, nearly 2, has also gotten caught up in our singing. I smile as I hear her singing "Jesus Loves Me" knowing that our Saviour is pleased with her sweet sound. Then, Carson and I taught her Open the Eyes of My Heart. Taking after her mother and sister, Camilla sings "I want to see me" instead of I want to see You. The more we tried to correct her, the louder she sings me! Now we all sing along with her.
This song must have struck a chord in her little soul because she messes up another section in a way that I am sure pleases her mind and our Lord. Instead of singing "Holy. Holy. Holy." - a term that no doubt doesn't register in her brain- she sings "Hold Me, Hold Me, Hold Me." - an expression that brings her comfort. As I contimplate these mistaken lyrics, I wonder if Jesus doesn't have a huge smile on His face as this small child sing what He ultimately wants from each of us- the desire to be held securely in His safe arms.
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment